Under general supervision, the Environment Services (EVS) Tech is responsible for maintaining a high level of cleanliness in Cheyenne Regional Medical Center’s facilities.
1. Works to ensure the safety, health, and high morale of patients, visitors and staff by helping to provide a clean, safe, and aesthetically pleasing environment with minimal interference to others.
2. Utilizes proper infection control practices (personal protective equipment, procedures, etc.). Uses proper chemicals and equipment safely to ensure no harm to self, other individuals, or the environment.
3. Performs a variety of assigned cleaning tasks, including dusting, mopping, scrubbing, disinfecting, vacuuming and polishing according to departmental policy and procedures. Empties trash containers and removes all trash. Must plan the completion of these tasks daily.
4. Inventories, restocks and replenishes service carts and supplies such as toilet tissue, paper towels, hand soap, etc., located in all assigned areas of the facility.
5. Maintains cleanliness of departmental equipment and notifies appropriate personnel as repairs become necessary. Places detailed information on repair tags for equipment in need of service. Protects equipment from damage by proper use.
6. Completes all required documentation which may include sign in and out sheets, room cleaning checklists, etc.
7. May perform special projects such as floor care, windows washing, wall washing, removing heavily soiled items or furnishings, etc.
8. Responds to questions and requests from patients, staff and visitors. Meets or exceeds goals for customer service satisfaction.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES: Empties all medical waste containers, including sharps. Takes EVS service requests via radio/pager and phone. Manages Bedboard Cleaning Requests Using EPIC Computer Application.
GOLD’S GYM CARDIAC REHAB AREA: Provides customer service to current and new members as needed
SLEEP CENTER: Responsible for stripping the linen from the beds after patient use
OPERATING ROOM/SURGERY: Unlicensed and/or unsupervised personnel may come in contact with medications while performing their job duties but it is outside their scope of practice to handle medications
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team without continuous supervision
• Able to interpret and respond to verbal and written instructions
• Able to communicate effectively with others by phone, radio, pager and verbally
• Able to read and understand material safety data sheets and instructions for dilution and use of cleaning chemicals
• Flexible and able to work diverse shifts which may include weekends and holidays
• Able to walk/stand for 8 or more hours per shift.
• Able to lift, push and pull throughout the scheduled shift.
• Previous customer service experience
• High school diploma, GED or HSEC (High school Equivalency Certificate)
• Previous related experience and familiarity with environmental services equipment and cleaning techniques.